Sunday 25 April 2010

Breathing Towards Birth


Wind,
strong wind,
tell me,

are you
my true nature? –

heart dispersing
like pollen
on the breeze
and every thought
a flutter,
leaves at evening
even my body
this earthen animal thing
bending
unbending
to the currents
as here

invisible
becomes
visible

swelling up,
lungs a balloon,
full bull frog throat,

I am swollen with spirit
and feel as though I might explode
and in the same

moment
of fullness,
tension,
expansion,

the exhale arrives,
emptiness,
space,
a void unfurled.

I am not …
yet I am.

I cannot express
the fullness
of this being-ness
this such-ness.

Impregnated
by presence,
I am a dandelion gone to seed,

each breath
a step
towards birth.

Wind,
strong wind,
tell me,

when my last breath
rejoins
you,

will I finally
be
born?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment